SALT AWARENESS WEEKMarch 16, 2021
WHAT FOODS CAN WE CONSUME THAT HAVE LESS SALT?
- It is encouraged to consume fresh fruits and vegetables. Vegetables like broccoli, spinach, carrots, etc. fruits like apples, oranges, frozen/canned dried fruits with no added sugars.
- Foods that can also be consumed can be protein foods like fresh or frozen fish, chicken, etc.
- If you buy canned foods, rinse off the foods before cooking to reduce the level of salt.
- Dairy products that can include fat free or low-fat milk, soymilk with added calcium, vitamin D and vitamin A.
- When cooking foods like rice, pasta and the likes don’t add salt!
For more our posts visit our social media pages on Facebook @sparkportpharmacies and Instagram @sparkportpharmacies.